Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beginning of the year ~ Johnny Can Spell


Wow! It has been a very busy few weeks.  My classroom was panted and re-carpeted, which left me little time to set it up.  A week of intense training (2 days with the wonderful Alice Nine), Meet the Teacher night, my niece’s wedding, and dropped my daughter off at UT.  (sniff, sniff) I have been running around with my head cut off. Tomorrow 20 awesome 1st graders will walk through my classroom door.  I am looking forward to settling back down into a busy school life.  Between my students and my twin 16 year old boys busy athletic schedule I hope to keep my mind off missing my best friend, my daughter.

I am very excited about trying out Johnny can Spell in my classroom.  Alice had some clever ideas.  I loved this one. I am going put it in a center at the beginning of the year. 
I loved this one. I am going put it in a center at the beginning of the year. 



Thanks Gabby for modeling.

Alice uses cross stitching cloth stapled to card board to give some students tactile surface to write with.

Alice and I.

1 comment:

  1. I taught Johnny Can Spell when I taught first and second grade at Bridgeport Elementary awhile back (2000). I taught with Judy Meyers and was wondering if you know her. I think she teaches at Decatur now. My youngest son was born at Decatur hospital back in 2000. Small world. Good luck with your blog.

    www.firstgradeshenanigans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete